The mission of the Water Resources Department is to produce and distribute potable water for domestic and commercial use and to collect, treat, and dispose of domestic and commercial wastewater. These services provide value to the greater Rocky Mount community by promoting economic prosperity, preserving public health and safety, and ensuring a viable future through responsible utilization of natural resources. The Wastewater Treatment Division is responsible for the efficient and economical operation of the City's wastewater treatment plant and its related systems in order to remove contaminants from city wastewater in compliance with all permits and federal and state regulations.
Items of Interest
- Treatment Plant Tour Packet
- includes Guidelines, Request form, and Liability form
- Organization Chart
- Water and Wastewater Quality Reports
- State Drought Monitor
- Water and Wastewater Rates
- Water Supply Update
- 2008 Water Depth Survey of Tar River Reservoir
- Water Shortage Response Plan
- Cross Connection Control
- Emergency Disinfection of Drinking Water
- FOG Handbook
- FOG Policy - Grease Control
The City has changed its water system disinfection process from chlorine to chloramines. Click on one of the links below to read all of the details.
In 2010 the City of Rocky Mount Water Resources Department won First Place in the Best Tasting Drinking Water competition sponsored by the North Carolina American Water Works Association.