ROUTES & SCHEDULES
Upcoming Changes to Tar River Transit Bus Routes Effective Novemnber 1, 2012
- Oakwood route #2 will no longer be serving Wood Hawk Apartments, the Kidney Center, Social Services, Employment Security Commission or OIC Medical Center. These locations will now be served by the new Rocky Mount East route #10.
- Rocky Mount East, route #10 is a NEW route that will serve Eastern Rocky Mount. It will serve Cokey Road from Marigold Street to Glendale Avenue. Locations served on this route will be the Judicial Center, Roscoe A. Batts Apartments, Woodhawk Apartments, (every hour instead of every other hour), Cokey Road Apartments, Heritage Retirement Center, Rollinwood Apartments, Denton Street Pool, the Kidney Center on Fairview, Social Services, Employment Security Commission and the OIC Medical Center.
- Ravenwood route #6 and Rocky Mount East route #10, (which will be connected), will run on Saturdays.
- The times that Tar River Transit runs will not change.
- Golden East route #5 will be extended to one hour. Golden East will add the following locations to the route: Hunterhill Road from Country Club Drive to Winstead Avenue, Comprehensive Dental Care, Bojangles on English Road, Benvenue Elementary School, Golden Corral, Big Lot Shopping Center, K-Mart. Golden East will also serve the Golden East Mall twice within the hour.
- Transfers will now be accepted at Oakwood Shopping Center and Golden East Mall as well as the downtown Transfer Center.
- The Nash Community College / Little Easonburg Route # 8 will now serve the Rivers Edge Shopping Center, (McDonald's, Food Lion and Family Dollar (by rosemary at tf)). There will be two bus stops on Harbour West Drive.
- The Sunset route #7 will cross over Highway 301- Wesleyan Blvd. in order to better serve Bojangles, Lowe's and Sam's Club.
- There will be no changes to following Routes:
South Rocky Mount #3
Battleboro / Goldrock #9
On this page you will find complete Tar River Transit bus schedule information, as well as a detailed map for each bus route. To see a schedule and/or map for a specific route, click on the desired route name in the table below. For riding tips and other helpful information, click here or see the link at left.
|Route #||Route Name||Area Served|
|1||MEADOWBROOK||Edgecombe Community College, Eastern Avenue Park, Oakwood Shopping Center, Thorne Ridge Apartments, Weeks Armstrong Apartments, Rite Aid Corner, Downtown Rocky Mount|
|2||OAKWOOD||US Post Office/Main Branch, Oakwood Shopping Center, Branch Street, Lancaster Street, Downtown Rocky Mount|
|3||SOUTH ROCKY MOUNT||S. Church Street, Kingston Avenue, West Raleigh Blvd., Rolling Meadows Apartments|
|4||HILLSDALE||O.R. Pope Elementary, Edgecombe Shopping Center, Fairview Road - East Grand Avenue' East Raleigh Blvd., Weeks Armstrong Apartments, Martin Luther King Park, Leggett Road, Downtown Rocky Mount|
|5||GOLDEN EAST||UEC Theaters, Hunter Hill Plaza, Golden East Mall, Wal-Mart, Boice Willis Clinic, Rocky Mount Kidney Center, Social Security Building, Golden Corral, Big Lots, K-Mart, Braswell Memorial Library|
|6||RAVENWOOD||W. Raleigh Blvd, West End Terrace Apartments, Burton Street, Ravenwood Drive, Kingston Avenue, S. Church Street|
|7||SUNSET||Sunset Avenue, Bojangles, Lowe's, Sam's Club, Doubletree, Gateway, Holiday Inn, Rocky Mount Medical Center, Nash General Hospital, Boice Willis Clinic, Rocky Mount Kidney Center|
|8||NASH COMMUNITY COLLEGE/LITTLE
|Rocky Mount High School, Edwards Middle School, Little Easonburg, McIntyre Acres, Nash Community College, Rivers Edge Shopping Center|
|Downtown Rocky Mount, TCI, Wal-Mart, Golden East Mall, Hospira, Battleboro Community Center, Goldrock|
|10||ROCKY MOUNT EAST||Downtown Rocky Mount, US Post Office/Main Branch, Rocky Mount Judicial Center, Woodhawk Apartments, Cokey Road Apartments, Rollinwood Manor, Denton Street Pool, East Rocky Mount Kidney Center, Edgecombe DSS, OIC Medical Center, Employment Security Commission, Oakwood Shopping Center, Downtown Rocky Mount|
RURAL GENERAL PUBLIC ROUTES
Tar River Transit has in place two Rural General Public routes that provide transportation for any citizen living in Nash and Edgecombe counties. For a fare of $4.00, residents that live in county areas such as Nashville, Spring Hope, Castalia, Middlesex, Tarboro, Pinetops, Conetoe, and Whitakers can ride to and from these areas from within the city limits of Rocky Mount. These routes are available Monday - Friday and also follow the same holiday schedule as the regular fixed route buses. The origination of each route is at the downtown bus station located at 111 Coastline Drive in Rocky Mount. Each route leaves from the downtown bus station at the following times:
Brochures for these routes are available in the downtown bus station. All vehicles that provide transportation for both Nash and Edgecombe counties are wheelchair accessible.
Tar River Transit fare structure is identified below. Ten-ride tickets may be purchased from the City of Rocky mount Collections Office during regular business hours. Please have the EXACT FARE ready when you board. Drivers carry no change.
- Base Fare: $1.25
- Half-Fare Discount: $.60
- Tokens (1): $1.15
- Ten-Ride Tickets: $11.25
- Ten-Ride Half Fare Tickets: $6.00 (For Eligible Half Fare Passengers Only)
- Children under 42": Free (Only 3 children per paying passenger)
- Transfers: FREE. Passenger must request transfer immediately upon boarding bus. All transfers must be used within 1 hour of receipt.
Mon - Fri: 6:45 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Saturday: 9:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
There is no service on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Certification is required for curb-to-curb DARTS Service.
Buy our convenient ten-punch tickets. One ticket gives you ten rides.
Pay $11.25 per ticket and save $$$.