The City of Rocky Mount collects approximately 26,000 cubic yards of loose leaves every year. If these leaves were to be placed on a football field (endzones included), the leaves would be approximately 4 feet deep.
RECYCLING PILOT PROGRAMThe City of Rocky Mount is pleased to announce the launch of a pilot project for its residential curbside recycling program. Seven neighborhoods in Rocky Mount have been selected to participate in this pilot program, which involves replacing a household’s red 18 gallon recycling bin with a gray 96 gallon roll-out cart.
- Click here to read the official press release
- Recycling Pilot Program Brochure
- Map of Recycling Pilot Program Locations
FREE COMPOSTFree compost is available to the public on specific days and times at the City's compost site at 1244 Arrow Road. Click the scrolling calendar above OR click here to view the web calendar to identify times when the compost site is open to the public, or review the following schedule:
- Every Friday from April through October: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- The first Saturday of each month from April through October: 7:30 am-3:00 pm (except holiday weekends, then moved to 2nd Sat.)
For more information, call 467-4906.