The Utilities Business Office staff wants to help make your move to Rocky Mount as smooth as possible. Rocky Mount Public Utilities is a supplier of electricity, natural gas, water, wastewater and refuse services. However, not all areas of the community have all of our services. We can help you determine the services available at the location where you are moving.
For more information about the utility services we offer you can contact a Customer Service Representative at (252)972-1250 Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. They will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have concerning your move to our area.
If you are starting a business in Rocky Mount, we are glad to have you join our business community. We can help you determine the services available at the location where you are opening your business.
In order to assist you in getting your utilities turned on, we wanted to give you some basic information to help you get started:
- Before your utility services are connected, you will need to have a Certificate of Occupancy from our Inspections Office.
- If a Certificate of Occupancy has not been issued, you will need to request a temporary utility application.
- Once you have the temporary utility application, you will need to see a Customer Service Representative who will determine the amount of the utility deposit. Your deposit amount is based on two months of estimated usage.
- We offer three options for payment of commercial deposits: cash, irrevocable letter of credit, or surety bond.
- Unfortunately, we are currently unable to accept your application for commercial utilities via e-mail, fax or Internet, but we will be glad to assist you in getting the application process started.
If you would like to get more information about the utility services for your commercial location, you can contact a Customer Service Representative at 252-972-1250 Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. If you need more information about Inspections Services, visit the Planning Department website.
Expanding or relocating a company is a monumental undertaking. But when your destination is Rocky Mount, North Carolina, at least one part of the process may be considerably easier than you expect. That's because all of your company's utility needs can be handled through a single source: the City of Rocky Mount Utilities. As an added convenience, you'll have one person you can call for all of your utility-related questions and needs. For more information, contact Kim Weaver at (252) 972-1274.