COUNCIL MEETING AGENDAS
|Agenda- July 9, 2012||Go to Main Page|
AGENDA FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ROCKY MOUNT TO BE HELD MONDAY, JULY 9, 2012 AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE GEORGE W. DUDLEY CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER OF THE FREDERICK E. TURNAGE MUNICIPAL BUILDING.
1. Meeting Called to Order by the Mayor.
3. Roll Call by the City Clerk.
4. Approval of the Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the City Council Held June 25, 2012.
5. Petitions to be Received from the Public.
Note: Citizens shall state their name and address for public record and limit presentations to three (3) minutes. Time will be monitored
6. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Consideration of the Following Requests:
1. From Pastor Keith Moore, Abundant Life Ministries, to Close the 500 Block of Mill Street (between Grace and Wilkinson Streets) from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 14, 2012 for the 2012 ALM Community Festival;
2. From Pastor Larry Johnson, St Augusta Freewill Baptist Church, to Close Park Avenue from East Grand Avenue to Virginia Street from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 21, 2012 for a Community Outreach; and
3. From Ursula Forrester, Friends of the Arts Center, to Serve Alcohol in the Rear Parking Area of the Douglas Block from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. on Friday, July 20, 2012 During a Block Party.
B. Consideration of the Following Grant Project Ordinances:
1. Amends 2009 Neighborhood Stabilization Project (NSP) Ordinance to appropriate proceeds from sale of acquired properties ($22,813); and
2. Establishes ordinance to appropriate grant from the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency to establish the 2012-2013 Construction Trade Class ($65,000).
Recommended Action: Approve Consent Agenda (inclusive of adoption of Ordinances).
7. Public Hearing Relative to Assessments for the Following Improvements:
a. sanitary sewer main and sewer laterals on:
• Thomas A. Betts Parkway from Goose Branch Drive to 2042 Thomas A. Betts Parkway (formerly 2045 Woodruff Road)
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution Confirming Assessments.
8. Consideration of the Minutes and Recommendations from a Planning Board Meeting held June 12, 2012:
A. Public Hearing Relative to the Following Rezoning Request Recommended for Approval and Found in Compliance with the Comprehensive Plan by the Planning Board:
• Request by Word Tabernacle Church to rezone ±1.27 acres at 726 Paul Street from O-ICU to O-I
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance Amending the Land Development Code and Map.
B. Public Hearing Relative to the Following Amendment to the Sunset Avenue (West) Corridor Land Development Plan Recommended for Approval Plan by the Planning Board:
• Amend Plan to redesignate land uses for 3650, 3640, 3624, 3620 and 3616 Sunset Avenue previously designated “Mixed Use Office/Residential” to “Commercial and Related Services”
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution Amending the City of Rocky Mount Sunset Avenue (West) Corridor Land Development Plan.
9. Consideration of the Minutes from a Committee of the Whole Meeting Held June 25, 2012.
Recommended Action: Approve Minutes from Committee of the Whole Meeting.
10. Consideration of Request for Release of NSP Funds and Environmental Certification from the North Carolina Department of Commerce for Redevelopment of the Claremont Apartments and Holly Street Area.
Recommended Action: Approve Request for Release of Funds and Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to Execute said Release of Funds Form and Required Certification on Behalf of the City.
11. Consideration of Section 3 Voluntary Compliance Agreement between the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the City of Rocky Mount and the Down East Home Consortium (required to ensure compliance with Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, as amended).
Recommended Action: Approve Agreement and Authorize the Mayor, City Manager and City Attorney Execute the Agreement on Behalf of the City.
12. Consideration of Supplemental Municipal Agreement with the North Carolina Department of Transportation (Project: C-5112/WBS Elements: 45123.1.1 PE, 45123.2.1 ROW and 45123.3.1 CON) for the Installation of Fiber Optic Cable for the City’s Technology Network (estimated cost $49,029 – NCDOT to bill the City for actual charges).
Recommended Action: Approve Agreement and Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to Execute the Same on Behalf of the City.
a. Board of Adjustment – (1) appointment – Ward 3 – term expires 6/2015 – Council;
b. Central City Revitalization Panel – Central City Business Owner – term expires 6/2015;
c. Community Appeals Board – (1) appointment – Ward 6 – term expires 6/2015;
d. Historic Preservation Commission – (1) appointment – term expires 6/2013;
e. Human Relations – (2) Council appointments – Ward 2 – term expires 6/2013; Ward 3 – term expires 6/2015;
f. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission – (4) appointments – 2 terms expire 6/2014; 2 terms expire 6/2015;
g. Mayor’s Commission on Persons with Disabilities – (4) appointments – 3 terms expire 6/2014; 1 term expires
6/2013 – Mayor and Council;
h. Redevelopment Commission – (1) appointment - term expires 6/2017; and
i. Utility Service Review Board – Ward 3 – term expires 6/2013.