COUNCIL MEETING AGENDAS
|Action Agenda- July 11, 2011||Go to Main Page|
A = APPROVAL
AD = APPROVAL DENIED
NA = NO ACTION
D = ACTION DEFERRED
R = REFERRED
C = REFERRED TO COMMITTEE
T = TABLED
RA = REMOVED FROM AGENDA
I = INTRODUCED
RW = REQUEST WITHDRAWN
ACTION AGENDA FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ROCKY MOUNT HELD MONDAY, JULY 11, 2011 AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE GEORGE W. DUDLEY CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER OF THE FREDERICK E. TURNAGE MUNICIPAL BUILDING.
1. Meeting Called to Order by the Mayor.
3. Roll Call by the City Clerk.
A~ 4. Approval of the Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the City Council Held June 27, 2011.
R*~ 5. Petitions to be Received from the Public.
Note: Citizens shall state their name and address for public record and limit presentations to three (3) minutes. Time will be monitored
Jeanette Thomas Cobb of 1828 Augustus Drive voiced opposition to an annexation petition submitted by the Hanson Quarry because of the effects of Hanson operations on nearby neighborhoods.
*Referred to the City Manager’s Office.
6. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Consideration of the Following Request:
1. From Felicia Lynch, Emanuel Chapel O.F.W.B. Church, to Close the 600 Block of Henry Street from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 6, 2011 for a church outing.
B. Consideration of Adoption of the Following Project Ordinances:
1. Grant Project Ordinance/2011-2012 Community Development Block Grant Entitlement Grant Project (establishes accounts for receipt and expenditure of CDBG grant funds ($601,983) and $50,000 match from City);
2. Grant Project Ordinance/2011-2012 HOME Investment Partnership Grant Project (establishes accounts for receipt and expenditure of HOME Investment Partnership grant funds – $736,315).
C. Consideration of Adoption of the Following FY2011-2012 Budget Ordinance Amendments:
1. Establishes accounts for receipt and expenditure for the Downtown Live Concert Series ($30,000);
2. Establishes accounts for receipt and expenditure for Carryforward of FY2010-2011 Encumbered Funds ($665,000).
A~ Recommended Action: Approve Consent Agenda (inclusive of Ordinances).
7. Consideration of the Minutes from a Committee of the Whole Meeting Held June 27, 2011.
A~ Recommended Action: Approve Minutes and Recommendations from Committee of the Whole Meeting.
8. Consideration of Ordinance Authorizing and Regulating Pushcart Vending on Public Rights-of-Way and on City Owned Property in the Central Business District.
RA~ Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance.
9. Consideration of Grant Request to the Department of Justice for Funding ($64,217) for an Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) (Nash County share – $25,686.80/City share – $38,530.20) and Equipment Proposed to be Purchased with Said Funds.
A~ Recommended Action: Acknowledge Submission of Grant Request; Approve Use of JAG Funds
as Recommended; and Direct the Police Department to Make the Information Available for Public Review and Comments.
10. Consideration of Disposal of One (1) Power Transformer with a Load Tap Changer.
A~ Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution Declaring Property Surplus and Authorizing the Purchasing Manager to Advertise for Sealed Bids for the Equipment.
11. Consideration of Ordinance Amending Chapter 16 of the Code of the City of Rocky Mount Entitled “Personnel”, Article II. Entitled “Personnel Plan of the City of Rocky Mount” (amends personnel ordinance to limit longevity pay to employees hired on or before July 31, 2011).
A~ Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance.
12. Consideration of Resolution Amending Administrative Policy No. IX.18 Entitled “Policy: Drought Management Implementation Plan” (incorporates changes in triggers to prompt initiation of varying levels of water conservation means).
A~ Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution Approving Policy.
13. Consideration of NSP3 Grant from the North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Community Assistance ($950,000).
A~ Recommended Action: Approve Grant Agreement and Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to Execute the Same on Behalf of the City.
14. Consideration of Bids:
a. Automated Meter Reading Equipment – Award to Shealy Electrical Wholesalers, Inc. @ $196,800;
b. Tar River Wastewater Treatment Plant VSA Project – (Re-bid) – Award to AirSep Corporation @ $1,680,900.
A~ Recommended Action: 1) Award Bids as Recommended;
2) Authorize the Purchasing Division to Issue a Purchase Order for (a) in Accordance with the Council’s Award; and
3) Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to Execute the Bid Contract for (b) on Behalf of the City.
A~ 15. Appointments:
a. Board of Adjustment – Ward 3 – term expires 6/2012 – Council;
b. Central City Revitalization Panel –Vacant/Downtown Property Owner – term expires 6/2013 – Council; Appointments/re-appointments deferred pending recommendations from Downtown Development Manager – 6 appointments
c. Housing Appeals Board/Animal Control Appeals Board – appointment/re-appointment deferred pending recommendations from Public Works Director - 1 appointment
d. Human Relations – (1) Mayor appointment – term expires 6/2015; Council appointments –Ward 2 – term
e. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission – (2) appointments – terms expire 6/2014
f. Mayor’s Commission on Persons with Disabilities – term expires 6/2013 – Mayor and Council – Jessica Levy
g. Tree Advisory Board – (2) Ward 2 – term expires 6/2013; Ward 6 – term expires
6/2014 – Council – Peter H. Gilliland (Ward 6)
h. Utility Service Review Board – Ward 3 – term expires 6/2013; Ward 4 – term expires 6/2014 – Council.
16. Closed Session.