COUNCIL MEETING AGENDAS
|Action Agenda - July 12, 2010||Go to Main Page|
A = APPROVAL
AD = APPROVAL DENIED
NA = NO ACTION
D = ACTION DEFERRED
R = REFERRED
C = REFERRED TO COMMITTEE
T = TABLED
RA = REMOVED FROM AGENDA
I = INTRODUCED
RW = REQUEST WITHDRAWN
ACTION AGENDA FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ROCKY MOUNT TO BE HELD MONDAY, JULY 12, 2010 AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE GEORGE W. DUDLEY CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER OF THE FREDERICK E. TURNAGE MUNICIPAL BUILDING.
1. Meeting Called to Order by the Mayor.
3. Roll Call by the City Clerk.
A~ 4. Approval of the Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the City Council Held June 28, 2010.
5. Petitions to be Received from the Public.
Note: Citizens shall state their name and address for public record and limit presentations to three (3) minutes. Time will be monitored
R*~ Bruce Wetzel of 729 Cedarbook Drive, on behalf of the Cedarbrook Community Group, requested a street closing for August 14. *The matter was referred to the City Manager’s Office.
Marcellus Phillips of 1416 Old Wilson Road, Pastor of Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church at 2932 S. Halifax Road, questioned why no response has been made to the citizens who have asked for help with high utility bills.
Jerry Mozelle of 1100 Westfield Court stated that high utility bills are the most pressing issue the City Council has to deal with and that not enough is being done.
6. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Consideration of the Following Request:
a. From Michael Kinsey to Close Liberty Street from 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 14, 2010 for a dinner party.
B. Consideration of the Following Project Ordinances:
1) Grant Project Ordinance/2010-2011 CDBG Entitlement Grant Project (establishes accounts for receipt and expenditure of grant funds – $766,521);
2) Grant Project Ordinance/2010-2011 HOME Investment Partnership Grant Project
(establishes accounts for receipt and expenditure of grant funds – $835,997).
C. Consideration of the Following Ordinance Amending the FY2010-2011 Budget Ordinance as revised 7/12/2010:
1) To carry forward appropriations for projects from FY2009-2010 encumbered funds.
A~ Recommended Action: Approve Consent Agenda.
7. Public Hearing Relative to the Following Rezoning Request (public hearing scheduled by City Council):
1) Request by William Smith for ±0.13 acre at 542 and 546 S. Franklin Street from O-I to B-5:
Action to Date:
• March 9, 2010 – recommended for denial by Planning Board
• April 12, 2010 – referred to joint meeting with Planning Board
• May 11, 2010 – Joint Meeting held
• June 14, 2010 – City Council scheduled Public Hearing for 7/12/2010
A~ Action: Ordinance Amending the Land Development Code and Map Adopted.
8. Consideration of the Minutes and Recommendations from a Planning Board Meeting held June 8, 2010:
a. Public Hearing Relative to the Following Rezoning Requests Found in Compliance with the Comprehensive Plan and Recommended for Approval by the Planning Board.
1) Request by Bill Marshburn, Wheeler & Woodlief Funeral Home, for the rezoning of 115 and 135 Storage Drive located at the termination of unopened Annie Main Street from R-10 to B-2; and
2) Request by Ronald E. Weaver and John W. Rich, Jr. for the rezoning of property at 2190 S. Wesleyan Boulevard from MHP to B-5.
A~ Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance Amending the Land Development Code and Map.
9. Consideration of the Minutes from a Committee of the Whole Meeting Held June 28, 2010:
1. Boards and Commissions Appointments – Consideration of Appointments.
2. Downtown Development Models Discussion – Report Only.
A~ Recommended Action: Approve Minutes.
10. Consideration of Certification by the City Clerk of the Sufficiency of Petition for Annexation No. 294 – Edgecombe-Nash Humane Society and Scheduling a Public Hearing.
A~ Recommended Action: 1) Adopt Resolution of Certification of Petition for Annexation
2) Adopt Resolution Scheduling Public Hearing for August 9, 2010.
3) Instruct Department of Planning and Development to Prepare
11. Consideration of Application for Special Use Permit Submitted by Faith Christian School for School Use in a Residential Zone.
A~ Recommended Action: 1) Acknowledge Receipt of Application for Special Use Permit.
2) Schedule Public Hearing for August 9, 2010.
12. Consideration of Funding Agreement Between Down East Home Consortium and Ebenezeer Baptist Church A Total Outreach Ministry for Home Investment Partnerships Program.
A~ Recommended Action: Acknowledge Receipt of Agreement.
Release and/or Refund
13. Consideration of U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) ($716,521) and HOME Investment Partnership Grant ($835,997) Agreements.
A~ Recommended Action: Approve Grant Agreements and Authorize the Mayor to Execute the Same on Behalf of the City.
14. Consideration of Agreement for Interest Reduction Payments Between Cokey Apartments Limited Partnership, Arbor Commercial Funding, LLC, the City of Rocky Mount and the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Financing for Renovation of Cokey Apartments (City to provide administrative duties and be compensated $2,000 per year; 9-year agreement).
A~ Recommended Action: Approve Agreement and Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to Execute the Same on Behalf of the City.
15. Consideration of Recommendations from Committee of the Whole Meetings Held June 28, 2010 and July 12, 2010 Relative to Annual Boards and Commissions Appointments.
A~ Action: Recommended Appointments be Approved (list to be distributed separately).
16. Consideration of Ordinance Amending Chapter 19 of the Code of the City of Rocky Mount Entitled “Streets, Sidewalks and Certain Other Public Places”, Article V. Entitled “Trees” (amends Tree ordinance to provide for at large appointments).
A~ Action: Adopt Ordinance.
17. Schedule Committee of the Whole Meeting for Monday, July 26, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
A~ Recommended Action: Schedule Committee of the Whole Meeting as Recommended.
18. Consideration of Resolution Calling a Public Hearing on the Question of Whether a Sixty (60) Day Moratorium Should Be Imposed on the Approval and Permitting of Night Clubs, Bars, Taverns and Similar Establishments within the Zoning and Regulatory Authority of the City (schedules public hearing for July 26, 2010 at 4:00 p.m. and authorizes the City Clerk to advertise the Public Hearing).
A~ Action: Adopt Resolution.